About our company
In 2018 Savers
Savers was acquired by AS Watson in 2000 to further our value led offer in the UK. “Our aim is to be the most competitively priced health and beauty retailer on the high street …from a clean crisp contemporary store setting with friendly, efficient and trained colleagues” We provide branded products at affordable prices. We work extensively on the range of products we offer and have extended our ranges in recent years
Outline of role
A Savers Deputy Manager’s role is all about delivering an exceptional shopping experience through your people in our top stores. You will need to create a day to day working environment that is warm, supportive and friendly. You will use your great delegation skills to get the job done. No day will ever be the same so it is a
You will work alongside your Store Manager using your local knowledge to maximise sales opportunities and profit. You will enjoy being part of the community and know your customers by name making the store a friendly place to shop.
It’s a great experience that will prepare you for even bigger challenges as a Deputy Manager. You will form part of our Store Manager succession in your local area. The role will require working and supporting local stores on a frequent basis. Savers Deputy Managers are extremely important to us, we recognise that you are our Store Managers of tomorrow. We are an expanding business which means there are opportunities to take the next step if you want to. We will actively develop your skills and offer real career progression supported by our excellent in-house training.
Interested so far?
To come on board as a Savers Deputy Manager you will have the following experience:
- Effective leadership and communication skills demonstrated across all levels of the business.
- Ability to drive and motivate performance through effective coaching skills.
- Good commercial understanding with
proventrack record of supporting with delivering financialperformance of a store, managing KPIs and compliance.
- Experience as an Assistant Manager or Store Manager of a low turnover store, within a fast moving high street retailer.
- Experience of working in a target driven business.
- Self-driven and passionate about retailing.
- Able to build relationships and relates well to all kinds of people.
- Willing and able to travel to support the area on a regular basis.
- Actively drives own personal development.
Success in this role will enable you to take your next step with us, as we have a strong desire to promote from within and reward the highest achievers.
If this sounds like you please apply today!
About the department
Our stores are generally small with a friendly feel and you are part of the community when you work at Savers and we encourage this by getting involved with local community programmes.
The Deputy Manager role only features in our top turnover store to enable us to fast track our Deputy Managers of today to our Store Managers of tomorrow.
- Pension & Life assurance
- Company sick pay scheme
- 33 days holiday
- Discount card and access to discounts in 3,500 retailers using mysaversdeals.co.uk
- Reward & recognition scheme and long service awards
- Discounted gym membership
- Simply health wellbeing plan
- Employee assistance programme with Retail Trust
- Bonus Scheme up to 30% of salary (
- Discount card with sister company Superdrug
£20,750 - £21,500
Hours per week
39 hours per week