This role is a 3 month secondment with the view to go perm
· To manage stock for agreed suppliers, using appropriate stock management techniques.
· To deliver optimum availability in store whilst working to budgeted stockholding constraints.
· To support the Commercial buying strategy of
· To work with RDC teams to balance monthly Commercial stock targets with RDC space
· To work effectively with other HO teams and Suppliers in the management of promotions.
· To be a member of a cross-functional team delivering departmental targets.
· To support overall business objectives and providing flexibility in approach to manage the different perspectives and priorities within each function
· Working to timeframes of up to 4 months.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
· To work with a high level of independence and be accountable for a stock budget of over £10 million.
· To be accountable for product availability in
· To assist and influence the business in the proactive management of Slow-moving Stock.
· To respond positively to feedback from all parts of the business regarding stock and other supply chain issues.
· To work closely with RDC teams to
· To work closely with the Commercial Team and proactively drive stock meetings.
· To track stock levels daily & weekly, using exception reports to ensure optimal product supply.
· To ensure that the Senior Inventory Manager is kept aware of all supply issues as required.
· To develop & maintain supplier relations.
· To proactively take on additional responsibility & seek new challenges.
· To assist other team members and help those with less experience to grow in their roles.
· Store availability – target between 98.5% & 99.5% dependent on sku-specific target.
· Store gaps to be less than 30
· £ Stockholding – As agreed in quarterly targets.
· Slow moving stock in line with business
· RDC gaps to be below 100
· Store Operations
· Distribution Centres
· Regional & Area Managers
· Superdrug Logistics team
· External suppliers
· Microsoft Office – all packages, strong Excel.
· Business Objects.
· Ideally educated to degree level or with
· PC literate, Numerate and Analytical.
· Proactive- Using analytical skills to seek solutions.
· Team-player able to work both collaboratively and independently
· Common-sense and practical approach to situations.
· Positive Attitude &
· Flexible and able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
· Strong attention to detail but aware of the bigger picture.
· Effective communicator.
· Able to work unsupervised & in a professional manner.
· Organised & articulate.
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply