About our company
In 2019 Savers were awarded 4th place in the Sunday Times best big companies to work for. We were the highest placed retailer in the list. This recognises the levels of engagement within our teams and demonstrates our commitment to our people.
Savers was acquired by AS Watson in 2000 to further our value led offer in the UK. “Our aim is to be the most competitively priced health and beauty retailer on the high street …from a clean crisp contemporary store setting with friendly, efficient and trained colleagues” We provide branded products at affordable prices. We have over 400 stores throughout England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales and are still expanding.
Outline of the role
The Retail Apprenticeship will involve working in our store as a full -time team member, helping with every aspect of creating a great customer experience and learning about how a retailer operates their business. It is a great experience working in a fast-paced and fun environment that will prepare you for even bigger challenges. Savers Sales Assistants are extremely important to us, we recognise that you could be our supervisors of tomorrow. We will actively develop your skills and offer real career progression supported by our excellent in-house training.
Duties will include:
· Demonstrating exceptional customer service
· Understanding the business and maintaining the brand reputation
· Resolving customer queries
· Using knowledge to promote products to customers
· Highlighting promotional offers to work towards achieving sales targets
· Supporting promotion changes and stock rotation
Your training will take place in store over the 1st 12 months so, no college days and no homework! At the end of your training period, you will complete a discussion around your experiences, a multiple -choice test and an observation within your role. You will be supported throughout by your team and your assessor to achieve your Retailer Level 2 Apprenticeship
Interested so far?
What you’ll need to succeed
· A passion for learning
· Be hard working and looking for variety and a fast-paced working environment
· Want to develop new skills
· Be a real team player
· Have a strong work ethic and flexible approach
· Have an interest in retail business
· Be ambitious and keen to progress
· Be committed to achieving your qualification
You qualify if ...
· You have a grade 4 / C GCSE (or equivalent) in English
· You have a grade 4 / C GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths
· You are not currently in any form of education, and you are available for full time shifts
· You HAVEN’T completed a Retail Apprenticeship before
· You have not completed a degree or more than 1 year at university
· You are eligible to work in the UK
· You are brand new to retail
Success in this role will enable you to take your next step with us, as we have a strong desire to promote from within and reward the highest achievers.
If this sounds like you, apply now and join the ‘We Love Savers’ family.
· Pension & Life assurance
· 28 days holiday
· Discount card & access to discounts with 3,500 retailers using mysaversdeals.co.uk
· Reward & recognition scheme and long service awards
· Discount card with sister company Superdrug
During your Apprenticeship you’ll also receive a Superdrug staff discount and loyalty card that gives you up to 30% off products and services in our sister store and includes a loyalty points scheme. This is as well as online access to discounts and cash back with other retailers, all subsidised by Savers. As an Apprentice, you can also apply for an Apprenticeship NUS Extra card, which gives you even more discounts at participating outlets!
Pay rate: £6.40 per hour
Hours: 39 hours a week on a 13-month contract
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply