With a thorough understanding of customer needs, be able to identify and source new products and review existing ranges to ensure a commercially viable assortment of products that provide our customer with quality and value, whilst maintaining competitiveness and driving sales and profitability and overall commercial strategy.
1. Develop, implement and deliver category plans including range reviews, promotions, pricing and stock management that are consistent with overall commercial strategy and financial objectives.
2. Collaborate with the Marketing team to develop and implement marketing promotion plans and strategies that are relevant to the category. Adhere to legislation and brand guidelines, and clearly and effectively communicate with the customer, driving footfall and profitable sales.
3. Work closely with the Marketing and Online team to deliver exciting customer stories through social media and www.savers.co.uk
4. Review and evaluate the effectiveness of promotions, taking appropriate action where necessary, and sharing best practice with peers and other stakeholders.
5. Working in partnership with the Merchandising team, agree merchandising strategy that drives and delivers right range in the right store; ensuring availability in store; and control of slow-moving stock.
6. Identify and implement new product opportunities that are competitively priced, commercially
viable and meet customer needs, driving sales and profitability.
7. Manage and review pricing in order to profitability, ensuring Savers is competitive. Operate within Company pricing strategy.
8. Working in conjunction with the Supply Chain team, ensure base sales and promotional forecasts are adhered to, whilst maintaining in-store availability to meet the needs.
9. Develop effective internal working relationships with cross-functional team members to support and enhance category objectives and performance
10. Develop, build and maintain effective external relationships to enhance the Savers proposition and meet customer needs.
11. Adopt appropriate negotiation strategies to attain the best terms for the category and the business.
12. and continually develop expert knowledge in category products, competitors and market activity to deliver increased category performance objectives.
13. Manage and deliver projects as and when required.
14. Take responsibility for own personal and professional development.
- Commercially sound with excellent ability to understand and interpret market information
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to influence and negotiate at all levels
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Project Management - planning and skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal, including presentations
- Problem Solver Confident and
- Energetic Adaptable and flexible in approach
- Ability to work under pressure and to
- Team player
- Good PC and software skills
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply