***Recruiting now for January 2022***
About our company
In 2019 Savers were awarded 4th place in the Sunday Times best big companies to work for. We were the highest placed retailer in the list. This recognises the levels of engagement within our teams and demonstrates our commitment to our people.
Savers was acquired by AS Watson in 2000 to further our value led offer in the UK. “Our aim is to be the most competitively priced health and beauty retailer on the high street …from a clean crisp contemporary store setting with friendly, efficient and trained colleagues” We provide branded products at affordable prices. We have over 400 stores throughout England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales and are still expanding.
Outline of role
What we look for in our Apprentice Supervisors goes beyond just great management skills. One minute you could be rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in, the next you could be managing and coaching your team, it is real think on your feet stuff!
You’ll learn how to support the management team in the day-to-day business activities and driving sales, alongside the development and delivery of excellent customer service and store standards. You’ll be involved in maximising profit by working hard to reduce shrinkage, damages, till errors and costs.
It’s a great experience that will prepare you for even bigger challenges. As part of your Apprenticeship programme, you will cover subjects such as Leadership, Business, Marketing, Communication, Merchandising and Diversity. These, together with bespoke virtual workshops, one to one support and mentoring, will ensure you will realise your potential and achieve your Apprenticeship.
Savers Supervisors are extremely important to us; we recognise that you are our future Assistant Managers. We will actively develop your skills and offer real career progression supported by our award-winning in-house training and Apprenticeship team.
What you’ll need to succeed
· Experience within a fast-paced high street retailer
· Basic understanding of retail Key Performance Indicators; including sales, profit and service
· Confidence, resilience, and ambition with the ability to help others to develop and improve their skills too
· Be able to attend 5 virtual workshops and participate in group activities with other Apprentices on the programme.
· Success in this role will enable you to take your next step with us, as we have a strong desire to promote from within and reward the highest achievers
· Pension & Life assurance
· 28 days holiday
· Reward & recognition scheme and long service awards
As part of A.S. Watson you will receive a discount card for our sister company Superdrug, where you'll get 30% off Own Brand & exclusive products as well as 10% off branded goods. But it doesn’t stop there, you earn loyalty points for money off future purchases which you can also use for online purchases
Everyone has access to the portal offering great discounts or cash back for over 3,000 retailers and entertainment. Shopping this way allows you to reduce your weekly shopping spend and receive money off days out with the family
Salary: From £9.26 per hour
Hours: 20 per week
Qualification: Retail Team Leader Level 3
Come and be part of something special!
• You have a minimum of Grade C / 4 GCSE (or equivalent) in English
• You have a minimum of Grade C / 4 GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths
• You are NOT currently at college or 6th form and are available for full time shifts
• You HAVEN'T completed a level 3 apprenticeship before
• You DON'T already have a degree or completed a year or more at University
• You are eligible to work in the UK
Apply now to become part of more
By joining us, you will be part of More than just a health and beauty retail group. You’ll become part of an organisation which is well-recognised all over the world.Apply